The all-new third generation Kia Cerato has made its debut in Singapore. The new car has been improved to provide drivers a higher level of comfort, better fuel efficiency and more style. Read on to find out more.
The new Cerato has styling cues that are inspired by the brand’s larger and more powerful sedan, the Stinger GT. The long hood and short boot gives the Cerato an overall fastback-like shape; further accentuated by the repositioning of the cowl point – which has been moved back five inches to create a more confident and commanding road presence.
With front and rear designs noticeably sportier and aggressive, turn signal indicators are located separately from the main head and tail lamp units. At the front, it is mounted below where the air curtains are, while at the rear, the separate reverse and turn signals are beneath the LED tail lamps.
The cabin has an increased length of 80 mm for better legroom, 5 mm in height for additional headroom and the 20 mm for width of the exterior creates a dashboard layout that is wider. Here the Kia interior is a familiar one with clean lines, minimal buttons designed below the 8-inch colour touchscreen unit.
The new Cerato will be available in three variants for the Singapore market, a base L, mid EX and top range SX. Power will be from a 1.6-litre Gamma MPi with 126 hp and 155 Nm of torque at 4,850 rpm mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. Fuel consumption is rated at 6.6-litres per 100 km while CO2 emissions is 152 g/km. Fuel tank is a sizable 50-litres. The Cerato falls under the ‘B’ VES Banding.
As body stiffness plays a role in NVH, engineers for the Cerato worked to increase rigidity for a quieter cabin and better handling. The new Cerato strengthens its chassis with additional hot-stamped components and 54 per cent Advanced High-Strength Steel. The result is a 16 per cent stiffer body with a new sub-frame design to help improve lateral responsiveness. Steering feel has been upgraded as well, with enhancements to the Motor Driven Power Steering system that reduces artificial steering feel and friction.
As standard for the SX and EX variants:
- LED daytime running lights
- Front and rear fog lamps
- Electric folding mirrors with LED side repeaters
- LED rear combination lamps
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Rear aircon vents
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 6-speaker system with MP3, AUX, iPod, iPhone and USB connectivity
- Sliding type centre armrest
- Button start/stop with keyless entry system
- Drive mode select system (Normal, Eco, Sport)
- Cruise Control
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Bluetooth hands-free connectivity
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
Additional equipment for SX variant includes:
- LED headlamps
- 17-inch alloy sports rims
- Smart welcome lighting system
- Leather-wrapped gear knob
- Electrochromic rear-view mirror
- 10-way power assisted driver seat with 2 memory settings
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Adjustable 3-step heated and ventilated front seats
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Parking Distance Warning with 4 front and 4 rear parking sensors
- Vehicle Stability Management system (VSM)
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
|Kia Cerato||L 1.6L||EX 1.6L||SX 1.6L|
|List Price Inclusive of COE||$87,999||$94,999||$102,999|
|In-House Finance & Insurance Subsidy||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|In-House Trade-in Subsidy||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
Price after in-house Subsidies & VES
Standard Package (Non-guaranteed)
The all-new Cerato will be on sale from 28 July 2018. There is a 10-year engine warranty and 5-year unlimited mileage warranty.
Checked out the all-new upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class yet? Click here for a closer look!
Sell your car through Carsome and find out how fast and easy it is!