The all-new BMW Z4 is here. Here’s what you need to know about Bavaria’s famous roadster.
- The first car at premiere is the Z4 M40i First Edition that features a 340 hp, straight six-cylinder engine that achieves the century sprint in just 4.6-seconds.
- Underneath, the Z4 has sports suspension and electronically controlled dampers, M Sport braking system and an electronically controlled M Sport differential in the rear axle transmission.
- Highlights for drivers include a lower centre of gravity, perfectly balanced 50:50 axle load distribution, 3.6-inch wider track at the front, 2.2-inches at the rear and compact wheelbase for agile handling and driving pleasure.
- The new Z4 returns with a folding soft-top, similar to the first generation Z4. The roof opens and closes in 10-seconds up to speeds of 50 km/h. The reason behind the soft-top allows the car to be lighter, have a lower centre of gravity, and also have more space for the trunk (265-litres in total, 85 more than the previous). According to Andreas Ederer, product manager for the new Z4, the soft top also provides better acoustic comfort than the hard top predecessor.
- The 2019 Z4 shares the same platform as the upcoming Toyota Supra coupe, a project that was started back in 2012 and is expected to debut early 2019.
- In terms of dimensions, the new Z4 is 3.2-inches longer, 2.8-inches wider and half an-inch taller.
- In terms of interior design, BMW seems to have brought over the styles seen in the latest generation 8-Series with the central gear shifter, iDrive controller, drive select system and digital driver display. First time in a roadster is also BMW’s Head-up Display and Live Cockpit Professional for networking technology.
- The interior of the edition model comprises of Vernasca black leather trim with decorative stitching, electrically adjustable seats with memory function, option ambient light and Harman Kardon Surround Sound System.
- Although not announced, BMW is expected to release 20i or 30i variants with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo engine.
If you've not yet seen the all-new 8-Series, click here!
Sell your car through Carsome today and connect yourself to over 900 dealers nationwide!